Breastfeeding has long been touted as a wonderful way to keep your new baby happy and healthy. But it’s not always easy to continue to breastfeed for at least the first year after the baby is born. Mothers who return to work may find it difficult to find time during their day to provide breast milk while other may have problems with the process of breastfeeding. Now electronic breast pumps can help to reduce the time and discomfort of creating a steady supply of breast milk for your baby when you can’t be home.
Electronic breast pumps make the process of breastfeeding so much more accessible to the career mother or those who find it difficult to breastfeed their babies. If you are wondering if it’s worth continuing your breastfeeding regimen, here are a number of reasons why breast is best.
- Your body produces milk that contains the exact amount of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and nutrients your baby needs to grow up healthy. As your baby’s needs change, your breast milk also changes to suit their changing dietary requirements.
- Breast milk is safe and always at the right temperature.
- Studies show that children who are breastfed have higher IQs.
- Breast milk is so good for your baby that it is the only thing that they need to consume for the first six months of their lives. This will save you thousands of dollars on formula and other baby foods.
- Breast milk is good for the environment as it reduces production waste and packaging inherent in formula and other baby foods.
- Mothers also benefit from breastfeeding as it reduces the risk of breast and ovarian cancers and the risk of brittle bones in old age. Breast milk contains many calories which helps mothers to gradually reduce the excess weight they may have gained during pregnancy.
For the sake of you and your baby, remember that breast feeding is best.
For the very best electronic breast pumps on the market, visit Healthcheck Systems.